Monday, August 3, 2009

Hello There!


I really enjoyed doing this card and thought it turned out rather well. This is the sketch from Mojo Monday Sketch and I knew I wanted something with this stamp set that I had not used in quite a while. I really need to clean out some of my old stamp sets, but as soon as I do, then I will need it. I also incorporated the Pink Elephant challenge (3 brads, flower and DSP) for the week and the Stamp Something Challenge which was "paper piecing". Both of the blouses on the stamped image are DSP paper. I just love to piece paper for clothing on images. It make it look so much better and of course is not that hard to do. Just takes time to cut it out. I also

decorated the inside of the card. I just love to do this and it adds so much to the card. Don't know why I do not do it more.

Stampin' Up! items used unless otherwise noted.

Stamp Sets - Totally Cool (retired), Cheep Talk (hello there).
DSP - Walk in the Park (retired)
Card Stock - Basic Gray, So Saffron, Whisper White.
Ink - Basic Black
Ribbon - So Saffron
Accessories - Markers & Water Color Pencils, Brads

Flowers were from AC Moore

7 comments:

Nettie said...

that's a very pretty card Jonia, I love it for it's simplicity of design and colour, nettie x

Lori said...

I love this card! The paper piecing on the shirts is such a great idea...looks fantastic. I laughed at what you said about needing to clean out your unused stamps but that once you do...you'll probably need them. Too funny (but I totally agree!)
I also really like how you decorated the inside of the card. Those flowers are so bright and cheery. I need to pay more attention to the inside of the cards too!

Carol said...

This would be a perfect teenage card! So different...love it :)

Hugs
Carol x
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Very cute! Love the yellows and that fun image. Thanks for joining in at Stamp Something. :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Very cute!! Love the great image. Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

Sheri
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Jonia~ This is the perfect teen/tween card :) So cute. Thanks for creating with us at TPE! :)

Annie said...

Inside and outside it's a fab card.
Thank you for joining us at the Pink Elephant.
Ann xxx
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/