Saturday, September 5, 2009

Christmas in September

I am at it again. I am so hooked on stampin, that I can not get anything else done. After I finish this blog addition, I am going to do something in my house. I just happened to check and see the sketches the had for "Sweet Stop Sketch" (2nd card) and "card patterns sketch" (1st card) and of course I really liked the sketches and had to start stampin again. So here are the finished results. What do you think?
This card, I cut 5-1/4 X 10-1/2 making a square 5-1/4" card. I cut the squares 1-1/2" each and centered on the card itself. The cardstock for card is very vanilla and the DSP is "Merry Moments", back and front of one sheet. I used the stamp set "Delightful Decorations" from the new Holiday Mini Catalog and punched it out with the new Ornament Punch. How great is that. I put the ornament, popped dotted, on Chocolate Chip and Real Red Cardstock. Also used the Merry Christmas from the same set and used a 1" punch.

This card is a 4-1/4" square card. For card base, I used the Garden Green textured paper. I then cut two ovals, real red and used the "merry moments" DSP. Then I did the joy ornament and embossed it with gold on real red cardstock and layered Garden Green and Real Red under it. Also, I used the cuddlebug to do the strip of real red and used the snow flakes embossing folder. Very easy to do and makes it look a little more elegant. I embossed the Merry Christmas also, which I am sure you noticed, is not quite straight. Another one of those that gives it character as my daughter says. lol Used three gold brads to finish it off. Now get started making your cards. As you can see, I am ahead at this point. Thanks for looking.

6 comments:

Elise said...

Great work here, Jonia! I soooooo understand what happens when you "hit the stamping ZONE!" {Hello, huge laundry pile} hee hee You sure made that ornament stamp look like fun! Fabulous stamping!

Anonymous said...

Both cards came out lovely, Jonia! Totally different uses of the same stamp -- I love it! I can hardly believe that it's time to start thinking about making Christmas cards already. I suspect all of our homes are going to fall into disrepair over the next couple months -- LOL! Thanks for playing along with us at the Sweet Stop this week. :-)

Anonymous said...

Fun cards Jonia! Thanks for playing along with The Sweet Stop!!

Chris said...

Thanks so much for playing along with the Card Patterns sketch this week! I'm thrilled to be the sponsor and just posted my own card for the sketch on my blog! :)

http://allamericanstampers.blogspot.com/2009/09/winter-color-trends.html

Good luck tackling the house...it's a battle I often lose! tee hee...

whoistracy said...

What a great way to get started on your holiday cards!! Love them both.

Edna Morrisedie said...

Love your use of the baubles, fantastic take on the sketch!