Friday, October 30, 2009

Another Hostess Gift



I really like how this bag turned out. I made it last Friday night to put a stamp set in for one of my customers that was Hosting a Christmas Stamp-A-Stack at her home. I put a Stampin' Up! stamp set in the bag. I also used retired Christmas DSP and a Stampin' Up! retired Stamp Set for the Tag. I think it is called "Tags and More". The way I make most of my bags are by measuring the item that goes into the bag and adding what the width and height are and then cutting the DSP to the proper size. Of course I add extra to the height to turn down and show the other side of the paper. For this one I think the width was seven inches and the height was six inches. The depth was about 1". So I cut two pieces of DSP to measure 10 X 9-1/2. On the 10" side across top of cutter, I scored at 1-1/2 and 8-1/2. On the 9" side across the top, I scored at the 1-1/2 and the 7-1/2. The 1-1/2 is the bottom and the other you will turn down the top 2". Then you adhere the sides of each piece together making sure top is even with fold down. Then fold up for the bottom pieces. Add handle and tag and you are done. Thanks so much for looking.

No comments: