Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hostess Gift


I had a workshop last night and this was my hostess gift. I made the bag by measuring the candle and then taking two pieces of paper measuring the candle. I then knew the width and the height I needed the bag. It came out to 12 x 9 for each sheet of paper. 12 was the height and 9 was the width. I scored at 3 and six on the 9" side and at 3" and 10" on the other side. The score that was 2" from the top, I folded down to make the top. I the put the two together to form the bag with sticky tape. Then cut the corners on the bottom and folded them in and sticky taped them together. Added the handle and tag and was done. Hopefully you can understand what I did.
To make the candle I used a retired stamp set and stamped on white tissue paper, cut the stamped images out and placed on the candle. I then used waxed paper to hold in place while using a heat gun to melt the image into the candle. Click here for a actual tutorial of how to stamp in candles. It will explain it a lot better than I did. It is so simple and so easy.
Stampin up products used:
Stamp Set: City of David (retired), Delightful Decorations for Tag on Bag
DSP: Merry Moments
Classic Ink: Basic Brown for image on candle, Real Red for tag on bag
Ribbon: 3/4" polka dot grosgrain
Purchased candle from Walmart
Thanks for looking

No comments: