Saturday, October 17, 2009

Shimmer Paint Wows



I am just loving this shimmer paint. It really brightens up a Christmas Card. I worked some last night with my downline to help her get a Christmas card class together. I wish I had took some pictures of some of the cards we put together, but I did not think about it until she left. But after she left, I knew I still had to get ready for a workshop on Tuesday and for a card class on Saturday (next week). So I needed to put together 1 more easy card for Tuesday night. Well I made 4 cards before I came up with the one we will do on Tuesday if we have time after making the box. Of course, this is not the one, because what I first had I did not like so I started adding. I do like the finished product, but it takes a little more time to make than we will have time. But I wanted to post it anyway just to show what you can do when you are just trying to be creative. It can always come together.



This is the view of the background which is on the Bordering blue cardstock which shows the snowflakes I added using the Champagne Mist Shimmer paint. I used the sponge daubers to put it right on the stamp and then stamped the image. I hope you can see the shimmer. I then used my spritz and spritzed the whole card with the shimmer paint. I am definitely going to purchase the other two shimmer paints. I just love the effect you get with the shimmer paint and I will be demoing that in my workshop on Tuesday.


Items used all stampin up products:

Stamp Set: Patterned Pines and Four the Holidays
Card Stock: Night of Navy, Bordering Blue, Whisper White
Classic Ink: Night of Navy
Craft Ink: White
Rhinestone brads, 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Champagne Mist Shimmer paint, Corner Rounder Punch.

Thanks for looking! Will post more later.

No comments: