Saturday, January 9, 2010

Stamping 411/From My Garden


This is for the Stamping 411 sketch today.  I love gardening and so when I saw this stamp set in the new mini, I knew it had to be one of my choices.  Well they all had to be one of my choices, what can I say, I'm hooked!  Anyway for this challenge I used the stamp set "Garden from the Heart".  I stamped the image on Whisper White card stock in basic brown classic ink.  I then used the taken with teal marker to color in the ribbon on the hat and then used the orange out of the water color pencils and blended it in with a blending pen.  For the stems on the flowers I used the always artichoke marker and the pumpkin pie marker.  I then sponged the edges with pumpkin pie classic ink and then distressed the edges.  I adhered that to a piece of taken with teal cardstock.  The cardstock for the base of the card is Pumpkin pie textured card stock.  For the gloves and the shovel I stamped the image twice, once on whisper white in basic brown and then on a piece of DSP from the Sweet Pea Designers Series Paper Stack.  I then cut out the gloves on both pieces and pieced the DSP to the whisper white.  The dotted side is actually the back side of the DSP running across the middle of the card.  I love the 2 sided DSP.  I also used the new pinking hearts border on the edge of the DSP and the square scallop punch for the saying.  The inside stamped part of the card is from the stamp set Vintage Vogue and I used the markers Pumpkin Pie and Taken with Teal to color the image in.  Thanks for looking.

4 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is a fabulous card. I love the way you tied in all the colors of the paper into the hat and flowers. Super!!!

Selene Kempton said...

This is so BEAUTIFUL! I think i NEED this set now! Thanks for being my enabler. :)

Unknown said...

Nice job on this - love the cut out gloves! Thanks for playing along this week!

Patti Chesky said...

Pretty colors!!! It's like a breath of fresh air!!!