Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Valentine for Husband/Friend


This is a card I made last night for the MOJO Monday Sketch and the colors are for the CPCM Color Monday challenge.  Took me a while to decide what I was going to use for this sketch and then all of a sudden it clicked and here it is.  I actually used a stamp set from the Holiday Mini called Sweet Centers and also used the Sweet Treet Cups which are still available in the SU Mini that starts today along with another stamp set called "Something Sweet" that uses these same cups.  It is a really cute stamp set also, but I knew I wanted to make another water globe type card and once I thought of this for the MOJO challenge, everything else just came together.  My only problem is do I give it to my husband or to a very good friend.  I think the colors would be OK for a guy, what do you think?  My husband is worth the effort it took to cut this out.  All the items seen on this card, except the stamp set are available in the new mini.  Thanks for looking!

SU products used:  Cardstock - Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip and Whisper White.  Markers - Chocolate Chip and Pretty in Pink.  DSP - Sending Love Specialty (it is sparkly on one side).  Ribbon - Pretty in Pink satin.  Brads - Sending Love Epoxy Brads Cholate Chip 1/4".  Punch - Pinking Hearts Border.  Diamond Dust Glitter (Inside globe with water).

Cuttlebug embossing folder used with the pink and brown.

2 comments:

eve said...

wow! nice card!!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a fun idea to add a sparkly water globe to your card.