Sunday, February 7, 2010

Flight of the Butterfly/Vintage Vogue

Flight of the Butterfly is one of my favorite stamp sets.  From the first time I saw it, I knew it would be one that I would use quite often and it has been.  I used the sketch from Stamping 411 to get started and then I was thinking of CPC's Friday's challenge where you would use a two-step stamp and of course this was the stamp set that popped first into my mind.  So I did two challenges with one card.  I love it when it works out like that.  I also added the flowers and the leaves which comes with the new stamp set Vintage Vogue.  It just added that right amount to the vanilla.  All Stampin' Up! items used.  See list below and thanks for looking!

Stamp Sets:  Flight of the butterfly, Vintage vogue
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery
DSP: Flock together
Classic Ink:  So Saffron, Certaily Celery
1/4" grosgrain certainly celery ribbon
Styled Vanilla hodgepodge hardware
Butterfly Punch
Vanilla Vellum

11 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

I love the soft colors you chose for this sketch. Your card feels like spring!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

So cute and the vellum butterfly is gorgeous.

Krista said...

Great card !!

L. Ann said...

I like the vellum you put over the butterfly. Very cute!

gbarron56 said...

Jonia -- this is just lovely. Especially love the vellum butterfly! Great job with the sketch this week. Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators this week! Blessings, Gretchen -- www.gretchenbarron.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

soft and pretty!Love the butterfly and hodepodge hardware too

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card, nice way to combine those two stamp sets!
Thanks for playing this week!

Patti Chesky said...

I love the combination of the two stamp sets. They work perfectly together. The color combination is so pretty!!!

Linda Callahan said...

So soft and pretty!

Unknown said...

Very pretty!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Stamping 411 Blog this week!!

Connie Babbert said...

Beautiful colors you used on your card! Thanks for playing along with Stamping 411 this week!