Sunday, February 21, 2010

Get Well

Stamping 411 has had some awesome sketches lately that really make you think outside the box.  I love the simplicity of them, but sometimes you get so caught up in the extravagant that you kind of lose the fact that simple can be very pretty!  This card is for their Saturday Sketch this week and as you can see not a lot of work.  That is what I need right now with things seeming to be rush, rush, rush all the time.  Anyway, all I did was cut the normal size whisper white paper for the card base.  I then cut a piece of pumpkin pie cardstock to 4" by 5-1/4" and then a piece of the Sweet Pea DSP Stack to 3-3/4" by 5".  I adhered the DSP to them Pumpkin Pie, cut two pieces of ribbon, 1/4" grosgrain in white and tempting turquoise, and wrapped the around the two peices together.  I then punched a small hole through the ribbon and added the flower brad.  I took a peice of whisper white cardstock and stamped the "get well wishes" from "teeny tiny wishes" stamp set in taken with teal classic ink, used the modern label punch to punch it out, and then sponged the edges with pumpkin pie classic ink.  Adhered the label to the DSP, punched a small hole through and inserted another flower brad to the edge of the sentiment.  Adhered the pumkin pie and DSP to the card base and the outside of the card was done. 
Once the outside was done, I decided to do the inside of this card.  This is where scraps can come in.  I have a punch card class coming up on March 2 and so I had been punching out some butterflies with the butterfly punch.  Well the piece you see on the inside of the card was a piece I was going to cut off the regular paper and throw away.  Well I had a bright idea, why not use it for the inside of this card.  So I did cut the piece off and then adhered to the inside of the card.  I then took my stamp set "flight of the butterfly" and stamped the small butterfly  inside of the punched out part.  And then for the sentiment on the inside I used another stamp set called "Curvy Verses".  How great is that, 3 stamp sets on one card.  Hope you enjoyed this and thanks for looking at my blog.  Inspiration is a wonderful thing.  Have a great day!

7 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Hi Jonia,
What a great idea with the punch and the stamp inside it. Very clever. Funny how we stumble on things sometimes, isn't it?
Love this card. Thanks for playing!!

Lisa Hensley said...

The whole card is gorgeous, but I especially love what you did the with punched out strip on the inside of the card!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh...I never thought to use a whole background of DSP for this sketch! Great job! Thanks for playing along this week!

Patti Chesky said...

What a fabulous card!! The patterned paper you've chosen works perfectly for this sketch. I love the butterfly windows on the inside of the card.

Selene Kempton said...

Simple Can be beautiful and it certainly is here! This is just awesome!

Unknown said...

So pretty! Love that dsp for this challenge and the piece you chose just works so well - super!
thanks for playing this week!

Unknown said...

Very pretty and I love the inside too!! Thanks for playing along with us over at the Stamping 411 Blog this week!!