Monday, February 22, 2010

A Kind Word

This card was inspired by a challenge over at CPC where we were to case a featured artist.  The artist to case was debbiedee and what a magnificent gallery she had to choose from.  Anyway that is what inspired this card.  Her card was a golfer and more manly and mine of course was girly. 

With this card I used so saffron card stock for the base.  I then took a piece of Tea Party DSP and cut it 5-1/4" X 4".  Then cut that peice in half and turned over one of the halves to get the two different DSP designs.  I had some so saffron ribbon and I adhered the two peices of DSP together by attaching to the ribbon.  Punched two holes into the ribbon to add the flower brads.

I then stamped the image from the stamp set "A Kind Word" onto whisper white cardstock and colored in the the water color pencils and blended the coloring with a blender pen.  Adhered that to a peice of pretty in pink cardstock and adhered that to the DSP over the ribbon.

I used another stamp set "Tiny Tags" from the mini catalog for the hello (which is a little crooked, but just adds character. LOL) and punched out a half circle and attached that to the corner of the card.  Then adhered all of that to the base of the card.

I hope my directions are helpful and understandable.  Always feel free to leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Thanks for looking!

No comments: