Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Vintage Vogue Card and Top Note Scrapbook Page

Had a workshop tonight and this is the card we made.  We used the Vintage Vogue Stamp set which is in the mini catalog and used the clear mount.  I really am enjoying the clear mount stamps and until you use them you don't realize just how different they are from the other clear stamps on the market.  They still have the stampin up high quality rubber and foam, so you don't have to worry about them splitting.

Anyway to make this card, I used the pretty in pink card stock for the base.  I then cut a piece of the always artichoke cardstock 4" X 5-1/4".  I then cut a piece of whisper white cardstock 3-3/4" X 5".  Using the swirly stamp from the vintage vogue and the alway artichoke classic ink, I stamped across the top, the left side and the bottom to create a border.  I then took the large flower in the stamp set and using rich razzleberry ink, I stamped one in the top middle, one in the left side middle and one in the bottom middle.  I then took the small flower and using pretty in pink ink, I stamped in between the large flowers.  Then too the small leaf and using the always artichoke, I stamped leaves surrounding the flowers.  Then in the right side middle of the card, I used a sentiment from Whimsical Words which is a free stamp set from the sale-a-bration.  How great is that.  I then adhered the white to the always artichoke, attached a brad from the mini called pretty in pink sending love epoxy brads, and then adhered all of that to the pretty in pink card base.  Voila you are done.  So simple and easy!

We also did a scrapbook page also and it was a lot of fun.  The only problem was I forgot the adhesive, but thank goodness my hostess had some of the same adhesive that I use.  I hate doing silly stuff like that, but that is me lately.  I'd forget myself if it I wasn't attached to my body! lol
In doing this page, I used the Top Note Die, the 5 petal punch, and two new punches, one from the mini - Extra Large two step bird punch and the other from the sale-a-bration - scallop trim border (free with a $50 merchandise order from stampin up).  This was so quick and easy and so much fun.  The DSP on the bottom is from the Sweet Pea Paper stack from the mini and has some wonderful paper.  Other cardstock used was Sahara sand as the base, taken with teal, rose red, whisper white and pretty in pink.  Old olive was used for the leaves.  I also used an older stamp set, but still current for the words called Warm Words.  Fun and good words to use for any occasion.  Here is the page with the pictures on it.  The half top note is for notes and I will need to add them when I actually decide on the final pictures for this.  Thanks for looking! 

No comments: