Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Congratulations

I am so happy with the way this card turned out.  Over at Christian Paper Crafts they have a Case Artist Saturday and this card is cased from Rose Miller's gallery at CPC.  I actually used some more of the paper that will be retiring and as you have seen in my previous post, a lot of my work right now is using up the paper I will not be able to use after June.  The corner on the card was actually made from the pinking hearts corner punch and was the piece that was punched out.  I liked it and decided to use.  Just another way to use the pinking hearts corner punch.  Find all kinds of ideas when you are playing around with punches.  The flower was made with the 1-3/8", 1-1/4", and the 1" circle punches.  I then did the faux suede on them, so I actually got two pieces out of one circle.  Of course the leaves came from the extra large two step bird punch.  I use that punch all the time and love it.  I almost put the bird on the card, but decided not to.  The cardstock is cameo coral and the DSP is from the Razzleberry Lemonade Pack of paper.  Ribbon is the 5/8" crushed curry polka dot.  Stamp set was Well Scripted.  Thanks for stopping by and let me know what you think by leaving a comment.  God bless!!

1 comment:

Jessica Theodore said...

This is such a beautiful card! That flower is stunning and I love the colours you have used, what a great idea to use the leaves from the bird punch without the bird! I've been looking around for a leaf punch to go with my flowers for ages but I have this two-step punch so I'm going to borrow that idea! Thanks for the inspiration xx