Saturday, May 15, 2010

Get Well Wishes/A little bit of Magic

Today was our bi-monthly stamp camp and this is the first card that I made using the stamping 411 sketch.  This was the first time doing the border with the crimper and I thought for the first try I actually did pretty good.  It is really a lot easier than it looks.  I took a piece of Lovely lilac about a inch width by 12" long.  Using the pinking hearts border punch I punched one edge of the 1" strip.  Then I ran it through the crimper.  I then turned the oval over and along the edge of the oval I applied adhesive.  I then started going around the edge of the oval with the Lovely lilace strip and pleated when necessary to make the curves.  That is it.  So easy.  I know there are some tutorials out there, but I could not find them today, so I just made do.  The stamp set is called "A little bit of Magic", and the cardstock colors are: Lovely lilac, Pale Plum, Lavender Lace, Whisper White, and certainly celery. Ribbon is 1/4" grosgrain certainly clelery.  Used markers for the coloring.

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

This is so stinkin' cute!!! I love the ruffle!! You did an awesome job!!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Steph said...

Lovely card. I love the fairy stamp set. You did a fabulous job with the sketch and with the ruffled border. TFS:)

Unknown said...

Very pretty!! Love all the texture and that heart ruffle border!! Thanks for playing with us this week!!

Kerin said...

That ruffled border is the perfect touch to this adorable card!

Unknown said...

Love it! the paper ruffle behind is great!!

Connie Babbert said...

Oh so sweet, love the paper ruffle! Great job with the Stamping 411 sketch this week!

gbarron56 said...

Jonia -- love the ruffle around the oval. Great job with this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along! Blessings, Gretchen