Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Birthday

Well a good Sunday Morning to all of you.  I got up bright and early this morning and decided to do the stamping 411 sketch challenge that was posted yesterday.  I am making my daughter a scrapbook for her shower on July 10th for our grandson who is on the way.  So yesterday was tied up all day doing that and when I got up this morning, I just wanted to do a card and here it is.  I used one of the new colors that will be coming out on Thursday, July 1st, which is called Daffodil Delight and topped it off with Regal Rose.  I think the combination is really nice and especially for a birthday.

I was actually going to use the new single stamp, Homemade, which will also be available on July 1st, when I realized it was more for baking than for a birthday, unless you are willing to make a cupcake to go with the card. lol  So I still used the scallop part of it  and then used the cupcake in the set called Party Hearty.  I embossed the regal rose cardstock with the cuddlebug folder called happy birthday.  Adhered the ribbon to the regal rose and then adhered that to the card base.  I punched out the scallop part of the first stamp with the new 2-3/8" scallop circle, also available July 1st from stampin' up!  Wow, so many nice things coming our way soon.  On with the directions.  I then punched out a 1-3/4" circle to adhere to the scallop.  I then stamped the image of the cupcake by using markers to color on the stamp, regal rose and daffodil delight, put glue on the top part of the cupcake using my 2-way glue stick, sprinkled dazzling diamonds glitter onto the glue and then when done, attached that to the regal rose circle with a stampin' dimensional.  Made and attached the bow and the card is done.  Might have took 20 minutes at the most.  Thanks for looking and have a wonderful Sunday!

3 comments:

Selene Kempton said...

oh this is so beautiful! I love the soft and feminine colors you chose! Beautiful job!

Kerin said...

This is the perfect birthday card, although I'm sure the "homemade" one with accompanying cupcake would be well received too :)

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

How sweet is this? I love it's simplicity.