Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Greeting Card Kids/School Days

How cute is this?  I knew from the first moment I saw this stamp set in our new catalog that it would be a favorite for me.  And, then when I saw the sketch on StampinupNLStampers for this week challenge, I knew I would be using this new stamp set called Greeting Card Kids.  You will be seeing a lot more of them. 

With this card, I used the Newsprint DSP which is in the Summer Mini and I think also the regular catalog.  I actually started out with the very vanilla card stock.  Then I attached a piece of pear pizzaz to it which I also used the perfect polka dots embossing folder.  Then I ran a piece of basic black through with the top note die.  I then cut a piece of the Newsprint DSP 3" X 3-3/4" and adhered to the basic black after I used the corner rounder punch to round the ends.  I cut a 1" strip of very vanilla and ran it through using the square lattice embossing folder.  I then added the black brads and then attached to the pear pizzaz.  On top of the left side of the card, I attached the top note piece.  I then stamped the image on a piece of very vanilla card stock with basic black classic ink.  Using the Stampin' Up! markers I then colored the image in.  Markers used were the pear pizzaz, Sahara sand, so saffron, poppy parade (apple) and used the blush blossom for the skin color.  I then adhered that to a basic black piece and attached to card.  I then spritzed it all with the Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.  Following is a close up of the coloring and the stamped image and you can see the shimmer on the card a little better.  Hope you like it and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Love this card and this stamp set is my new fav as well!