Sunday, August 22, 2010

Enjoy the Journey

Happy Sunday to you all!  Hope you have a wonderful day today. 

This card was inspired by the stamping 411 sketch challenge.  Please check them out, their sketch goes up on Saturday and they always have great sketches.  For this card, I chose the pedaling past.  I hate that this stamp is only in the summer mini, because I can see myself using it quite a bit.

This card was actually very easy to make.  First of all, I stamped my image on very vanilla card stock, then colored it in using my markers and sponged around the edges with basic black ink.  I then adhered it to a piece of poppy parade card stock.  I then stamped the little tricycle, colored and punched it out with the 1" round punch and then punched out a 1-1/4" round for the mat.  I then stamped the sentiment on a a piece of very vanilla card stock and punched it out with the extra large decorative label punch (sneak peak from the Christmas Mini).  I then cut my two circles using the Circle Scissor, the large circle is Poppy Parade and the small circle is the News Print Designer Paper, perfect for this stamp set.  Then I started putting the card together.  Once the card was together I then spritzed it with the Silver Foil Smooch Spritz.  I just love the sparkle that it gives and it also adds a little vintage look to the card.

Thanks for looking and please leave a comment.  I would love to know what you think!

6 comments:

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

I think it's wonderful Jonia, that's what I think!! I love the message it sends. Thanks for sharing.

Selene Kempton said...

Oh this is adorable! I love this stamp set but never got it... Now i'm kicking myself! Thanks so much for sharing and playing along with the operators.

Connie Babbert said...

Love the map behind the bicycles! Wonderful card.

Patti Chesky said...

Beautiful! Love all the silver Smooch!

Kerin said...

Ooh, love the shimmer on this card! Love the map dsp with the bicycles too!

Unknown said...

WOW!!! Love what you came up with using this stamp set!! I love it!! Thanks for playing along!!