Thursday, August 11, 2011

Field Flowers


Hello again, and welcome to my two technique card using "heat embossing" and creating a background using an acrylic block ("acrylic block stamped background") or in my case SU Clear Mount blocks.  I am casing myself on this card and you can see the one I did before here using a different stamp set. And, you will be seeing another one cased from this one at sometime in the near future!  I am loving this technique of acrylic stamped background!  One thing I can say is they turn out differently each time.

The challenge this week for SULateNightStampers was to do a "Thinking of you" card with a heard you are "blue" aspect to it.  That means there needs to be some blue in your card!  So as you can see, I add a little blue by stamping the background in Marina Mist with a little touch of Island Indigo around the edges.  I also stamped the top flower on Whisper White card stock, cut it out and popped it up to give a little more dimension to the card!  Very simple, but nice.  The stems and leaves are embossed using the Wild Wassabi embossing powder!

Side view of the card!

Close up of the card!


Items used are all Stampin' Up! and listed below!

Stamp Set: Field Flowers
Card Stock: Whisper White
Ink: Marina Mist, Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler, Versamark
Embellishments: Wild Wasabi embossing powder
Other items used to make the card: Clear Mount Block E, Scissors

Thanks for looking and hope you will come back soon!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Beautiful card Jonia! That background technique is so effective! The flowers are beautiful! I have to look into that stamp set now! You keep doing this to me! lol :o)