Sunday, October 9, 2011

Christmas Gift Bag

Thought I would share another item I did on Friday night at our Praise and Papercrafting night over at Christian Paper Crafts.  As I said in yesterday's post, the theme was Gifts and Giving!  So we were to make a gift wrapping which could be just stamping on some paper, altering a gift bag, making a box, etc.  I had purchased some plain bags last year after Christmas and decided to dress one of them up! 


I actually tried to make a fireplace and each project was to take 45 minutes, so I thought if I could just make a quick fireplace.  But then I wanted to make a brick base out of crumb cake.  So I decided to use the score board and score the sections, then put versarmark all over the crumb cake card stock and cover that with some old SU Glassy Glaze embossing powder.  It actually turned out well once heated and set.  So as you know that cut into my time.  Then I used the wings of the bird punch for the Fire red part.  For the logs I punched out three pieces from the Word Window punch.  Then I felt like the very vanilla background which was to be the Mantel part needed to be scored also.  So that added a little time.  I then added the Waffle Paper really fast to give some decoration.  As you can see I was not good about evening it out, but I still like the result.  I had planned on using the stamp set for my stockings, but by then I had to hurry as my time was running out.  So I just punched some Designer paper from the package Frostwood Lodge and then punched the toes, heel and top of the stocking from the Glimmer Paper Silver using the Stocking builder punch, put them together and then adhered it all to the bag!  Took me 42 minutes.  Now I could do it in a lot less time, since I know what I am doing. lol

Here is a close up of what I added to the bag!


OK, now it is your turn to tell me what you think!  I am sure I could have done somethings different.

Thanks for looking and now off to get ready for church!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I think it's wonderful Jonia! I sure do love seeing Christmas projects! It's right around the corner, you know! YAY!! :o)