Sunday, October 23, 2011

Mica Flakes Christmas


Good Sunday Morning everyone!  I sure have a busy day ahead of me today with church and then my DGD is in a cheering competition today!  Sure wish they would not do these on a Sunday.  But that is the way it is.

I was so excited with the finished product of this card.  When I first saw the stamping 411 sketch, I was trying to decide what stamp set to use and then while going through all of them this one, plant hope, caught my eye and it is not even a Christmas Stamp.  But that is OK because you can make one out of it as I did and there are others you can do the same with.  When stamping there are times you just have to be creative.  Like when I first saw this Christmas designer paper, frostwood lodge, I was unsure of it, but now I am loving it.  I have made regular cards with it and have discovered the same about it, you just have to look beyond what it is for and see the whole picture.

Here is a side view of the card!


And a close up of the mica flakes!  Loving those mica flakes!


How cool is that!

All items used are Stampin' Up!
Stamp Set: Plant Hope, Four the Holidays
Card Stock: Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White
Designer Paper: Frostwood Lodge
Classic Ink: Garden Green
Accessories: Ticket Corner Punch, White Gel Pen, Mica Flakes, Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon


10 comments:

Nancy said...

So very pretty! I love what you've done with it! The mica flakes are beautiful...just like glistening snow! Have fun with your busy day! :o)

Carrie Gaskin said...

What a great idea to use the mica flakes that way. Great job!

Natalie said...

This is just the prettiest card!! Love the plaid paper and the mica flakes are really a cool embellie!! Blessings to you, Jonia!!

Tammy Fite said...

This is so pretty!! I love the mica flakes as snow!!

Anonymous said...

The words "mica flakes" really got my attention! I have a box of that stuff and still not sure what to do with it or how to glue it on LOL. Gorgeous card and clever idea with the trees. Noice!

Selene Kempton said...

Wow!!! I just love what you did with the mica flakes!! This is so awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with stamping 411 this week and sharing your talents with us.

Doris said...

I have mica flakes, too; but haven't used them yet because I'm still not sure how to glue them on. Help!

Patti Chesky said...

What a great use of the mica flakes!!! Love your colorblocking too!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

Jonia you amaze me every week. Mixing up the dsp and using the mica flakes....fabulous!

Unknown said...

How cool is this??!! Love the "snow" on the tree!! Clever!