Sunday, October 16, 2011

Stocking Builder Punch #2


Good Sunday Morning to each of you today!  Here is another card that I did using the stocking builder punch and one of the possibilities for my Stamp-a-stack.  It is actually between this one and the one yesterday!  So check back and let me know what you think. 

With this one I used the new Snow Burst Textured Impressions Embossing folder and gave it a shimmer by using my mix of Frost White Shimmer paint and 70% rubbing alcohol.  I will tell you that you do have to let it dry before putting the adhesive on it or it will not stick very well.  The drying only takes about 5 minutes.  So you can be stamping the stocking and punching it out while that is drying.  Also when using the embossing folder, cut the piece a little bigger than you normally would in length and in width as the embossing will draw it up some.  Then trim the excess after you emboss. 

The red is cut at 4 X 2.50 and the very vanilla is cut at 4 X 2.25.  The Pear Pizzazz is cut at 4 X 3.25 and then using the scallop trim border punch on each side brings it down to about 2.75.  So that is the measurements of the center pieces of the card!

Another view of the card!


And the inside of the card!


All items used are Stampin' Up!

Stamp Sets: Bells & Boughs, Stitched Stockings
Card Stock: Pear Pizzazz, Very Vanilla, Real Red
Classic Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Real Red
Accessories: Snow Burst embossing folder, Stocking Builder Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Red Glimmer Paper, Markers, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Very Vanilla 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon

Thanks for looking and have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

Nancy said...

This is a very lovely card too! I think yesterday's is my favorite though! You made some changes to your blog...it looks very nice! I have just a little bit of a sneak peek for you on my blog if you want to take a look. It's the second post down. Have a happy day!