Sunday, October 2, 2011

Uncharted Territory Journal

Good Sunday morning to you all!  I cannot believe it is already October 2nd, but it is and before you know it we will be in year 2012!  Time is just flying by.  But Friday night I had a few moments to dress this notebook up a little that I found at one our all favorite stores, Wal-Mart on sale.


Now the only thing I added to this journal was the center strip of paper, the ribbon, the flower, the bird and of course the sentiment!  The different flowers and color were already there.  So, how easy was that.  The only difficult problem was matching up the center piece of paper with the rest of the notebook.  Now for the flower, I used the very vanilla paper, punched out three 2 3/8" round scallops.  Using my scoring bone, I broke down the paper fiber and then separated each punched out piece, giving me six round scallops, sponged the edges with the elegant eggplant ink, scrunched them up, then separated them and sprayed them with the frost white shimmer paint mixed with alcohol.  This caused the ink to run a little which gave it the effect you see in the photo.  I put all the pieces together, punched a hole in the center, put the brad through and then scrunched them all again and pulled down as much as I needed to give it the flowery look.  So very easy to do.  I also used the bird punch to add leaves around the flower and then using the Language of Friendship stamp set, I stamped the bird image and punched it out using the Bird builder punch.  The last thing I did was to stamp the border on the sentiment using the four frames stamp set and then stamped inside the border using the Uncharted Territory stamp set.  I then punched it out using the decorative label punch. 

Here is a close up of the center of the journal!


Items used are all stampin Up!
Stamp sets: Uncharted Territory, Four Frames, Language of Friendship
Card Stock: Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla
Classic Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Concord Crush
Accessories: 2 3/8" Round Scallop Punch, Bird Builder Punch, Decorative Label Punch, glittery brads, White Frost Shimmer Paint, Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon

Thanks so much for looking and hope your day is fantastic!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

What a BEAUTIFUL Journal, Jonia! Your flower is gorgeous! I just got the Language of Friendship stamp set...it's too cute! Now I have to start collecting all the punches! lol I love what you've done! Sunday Blessings to you! :o)