Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ornament made with glitter paper and Designer Paper


I finally got the other ornament for my other daughter finished last night.  I was beginning to think that it was not going to happen.  As you can see with this one, I used the Scallop Circle Bigz die to use as the base using the Silver Glimmer Paper.  I also scored my paper rosette at 1/2" instead of 1/4" which made the ornament a little thicker.  It was so easy to make.  Actually I cut two strips of the Holly Berry Bouquet designer paper 12 X 1 3/4, scored them at the 1/2" mark and then put them together and formed the circle.  Adhered that to a circle I punched out with glue and let set for a while to make sure it was dry.  I added the Mica Flakes to the rosette using the multi purpose glue and while they were drying, I punched a scallop circle out of the red glimmer paper using the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch.  The photo was punched out using the 1 3/4" circle punch.  All adhered using the multipurpose glue.  While all of that was drying, I adhered the red ribbon to the scallop round die cut piece by using a small brad.  I then adhered everything else on top of that and let dry over night.  The last thing I added was the very vanilla taffeta ribbon 1/8".  Very easy to do.

Here is a side view!


So now you can see the thickness.

Here is a photo of the one I did about a month ago for my other daughter!


You can find the post of this one here!  I did actually add the red glimmer paper behind the photo after the other post was done.

Thanks for looking today!


7 comments:

Nancy said...

So lovely! It will look beautiful on the tree! :o)

Dale Morin said...

The ornaments are beautiful. TFS. I came over from LNS.

Marsha Fisher said...

These are so great...they will be treasured for years to come!

Barbara Dykhouse said...

These ornaments are absolutely gorgeous, Jonia! I spotted them on LNS and searched for your blog to see if you had posted directions. Thanks for the very clear instructions!

Natalie said...

Wow! Gorgeous ornaments! What a lovely keepsake, too!

Geri said...

Wow! These ornaments are absolutely beautiful. They must look stunning on a Christmas tree and will make such a nice keepsake to pass on to future generations. I admire everyone that can get these medallions to look a lovely as yours do (mine always look like the cat chewed on it!)

I took a lovely stroll through your blog and would like to say that your work is beautiful.

Thanks for sharing your creations with us at our Christmas in July celebrations at Unscripted Sketches :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous ornaments. Your daughters must have loved them! Thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches!