Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hymn & Scripture Challenge #15 / Though Troubles Assail Us

When I first saw this hymn, I did not think I had heard it.  But, as I listened to the words and to the music, I then remembered singing it in my husbands church years ago when we were dating.  I thought of it as a Methodist Hymn which is where he was going to church at the time.  Isn't it funny how we associate things we hear in other Christian churches as their song when after re-looking at this Hymn it is a song for all Christians regardless of the denomination.  God is our strength and He will provide for us in all circumstances.

Let's look at each verse of the song and see how it relates to our lives as Christians.

1st Verse
Though troubles assail us and dangers affright,
Though friends should all fail us and foes all unite,
Yet one thing secures us, whatever betide,
The promise assures us, “The Lord will provide.”

You see regardless of what is going on in your life at any time, danger or a friend who fails you, we still have the promise of our Lord that he is right there by our side providing us what we need.  Psalm 34:17 says, "The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles."

2nd Verse
The birds, without garner or storehouse, are fed;
From them let us learn to trust God for our bread.
His saints what is fitting shall ne’er be denied
So long as ’tis written, “The Lord will provide.”

"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?" Matthew 6:26  You see God will provide for us what we need in this life to sustain us.

3rd Verse
When Satan assails us to stop up our path,
And courage all fails us, we triumph by faith.
He cannot take from us, though oft he has tried,
This heart cheering promise, “The Lord will provide.”

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Psalm 18:2  He is our fortress and our deliverer and through him we defeat Satan for the Lord is our salvation. Praise the Lord forever!!!!

4th Verse
He tells us we’re weak, our hope is in vain,
The good that we seek we never shall obtain,
But when such suggestions, our graces have tried,
This answers all questions, “The Lord will provide.”
They will fight against you, But they shall not prevail against you. For I am with you,” says the LORD, “to deliver you.” Jeremiah 1:19  You see with God we will prevail, we win as His children.

5th Verse
No strength of our own and no goodness we claim;
Yet, since we have known of the Savior’s great Name,
In this our strong tower for safety we hide:
The Lord is our power, “The Lord will provide.”

6th Verse
When life sinks apace, and death is in view,
The word of His grace shall comfort us through,
Not fearing or doubting, with Christ on our side,
We hope to die shouting, “The Lord will provide.”

And now here is a look at my page!  I chose Psalm 18:2 as my verse and also wrote the 1st verse on here.


Please stop by and see Patter's post on this wonderful Hymn.  She has a wonderful way of sharing Christ with others.

I used My Digital Studio for this page!

I am also using this in this weeks Word Art Wednesday!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

I love this music - gorgeous project. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. We appreciate having you share your love for the Lord and your creativity with us. You are a blessing, and we are grateful for your participation!
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

How do you do it? Each piece on your card reminds me of a scripture. I love music, old hymns and I love your card. We are honored to have it posted on our site.
Psalm 103 Blessings
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Nancy said...

Oh, yes! Your page is gorgeous, Jonia! You've used one of my very favorite color combinations! I love the addition of the bird, and the flowers are so lovely! Great post, my friend! Thank you! :o)

Gemiel said...

What a beeautiful page Jonia!!! Love the colors. Once again, your digital page looks so dimensional!! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!! Blessings to you!