Saturday, March 9, 2013

Hymn & Scripture Challenge - Hymn # 4 Worthy of Worship

Wow, what a beautiful song this is!  Worthy of Worship, just beautiful words and music.  I am unsure if I have heard this song before, but it does sound familiar.  But then on the other hand, I would have remembered this beautiful Hymn!

Anyway, as I was thinking on this song and the words, it reminded me of the scripture in Revelation 4:11 "You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being."  Our Lord did create all things and He is worthy of our praise.  This is not the scripture I chose for my page, but I wanted to share it with you.

I have seen the birth of all four of my grandchildren and when I think of the feeling as they were born and praise I felt and the joy, I can't help but think that God created all of us and it is such a blessing to see His creation of birth.  I have cried with every one of those births and also the births of my two daughters.  God is worthy of our Worship and our praise.  Now look at all the words of this hymn.


 Worthy of worship, worthy of praise,
Worthy of honor and glory;
Worthy of all the glad songs we sing,
Worthy of all the offerings we bring.

Refrain
You are worthy, Father, Creator.
You are worthy, Savior, Sustainer.
You are worthy, worthy and wonderful;
Worthy of worship and praise.

Worthy of rev'rence, worthy of fear,
Worthy of love and devotion;
Worthy of bowing and bending of knees,
Worthy of all this and added to these.

Almighty Father, Master and Lord,
King of all kings and Redeemer,
Wonderful Counselor, Comforter, Friend,
Savior and Source of our life without end.

Here is the song sung by young girl who I think does a fabulous job!  Hope you enjoy!

Now on to my page! 

Since the page is the same color as the background, if you click on the photo it will take you to another screen and you can see the page better.


Now the scripture I chose is Psalm 145:3 as again it shows that he is worthy of praise.  But the part that really jumped out at me was the "His Greatness no one can fathom."  Wow, our Lord is great above all things, creator of all things.  How GREAT is that?

Please stop by Patter's blog and check out her post as I am so thankful for this challenge she has provided for us.  Her post tells all about the origin of the song and she has a wonderful devotion.  You will be happy you stopped there.

All items for my page are part of My Digital Studio by Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by today!

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Amen! Another beautiful hymn and a beautiful page! I really like the colors you used...so pretty! The Scripture verses you used are wonderful! I almost posted the same video. She sings beautifully! :o)

Natalie said...

Beautifully done, Jonia! Very pretty arrangement of the layout. Not sure if I'm familiar with that hymn either but the words are so true! Have a great weekend! God bless.

Robyn said...

Wonderful layout oh talented one.

Susan Lankford said...

Jonia...you do such a great job with digital ...this is lovely!