Monday, September 2, 2013

Sketch 278 - Monday Lunchtime Sketch

Well happy Monday Morning.  When you see this, I will be in Virginia visiting my daughter's family.  By now I will have been holding my 6 month old grandson for 3 days and doing a lot of talking with my granddaughter.  I will also be leaving there today to come home.
 
So now on to this weeks sketch from Mary Jo.  I loved this sketch and decided to do some sponging with it.  More details below, but please check out Mary Jo's and the Design Teams sample for "the Monday Lunchtime Sketch" and here is my sample for this weeks sketch.
 
 
So here is what I did to sponge the circle and the scallop on the white. 
 
  • I punched out the 2 1/2" circle and centered the piece of paper the circle was punched out in the center of the white paper.
  • I sponged within the circle on the edges and out a little with more of the Cajun Craze Ink and less in the center to leave a little white.
  • I punched out the 2 3/8" scallop circle and placed the punched out piece in the center of the paper with the punched out circle.  (Hope you know what I am talking about.)
  • I then sponged the Chocolate Chip ink into the area surrounding both pieces of paper sponging a few times to get it really dark and look like a border.
  • Still leaving the circle template in place, I then stamped my image with the Chocolate Chip in the center of the circles.
  • And voila, you see what you get.  I then cut as needed and decorate card as needed.
Here is a side view of this card.
 
 
And then the inside where I used another image from the Serene Silhouettes stamp set along with a scripture.  Then I will be able to write on note on the bottom portion of the card.
 
 
All items used are Stampin' Up! except scripture noted below!
Stamp Sets: Serene Silhouettes, Embellished Events, ODBD Scripture Collection 6
Card Stock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Cajun Craze
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Cajun Craze
Bitter Banner Framelits
Wood Grain embossing folder
 
Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a very blessed week!
 
 

5 comments:

MJ said...

I am sure you are having a wonderful time with you loves! How nice for you. I love this card you made for my sketch this week. I always love that image with the birds it is so versatile and looks great here. Thanks so much for all the awesome sample you create as a member of the TSSC team!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is a really great card, Jonia. I really like how you did the inside of the card to match. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week, and God bless you!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, my friend! I'm so happy to hear you had such wonderful weekend plans! I'm sure you've enjoyed yourself immensely! :o)

Natalie said...

Love the card design and the verse inside!! I'm sure if you are like me, there were a few tears on the way back home... trusting you had a blessed time with the grandbabies!

Unknown said...

Jonia,
The layout is swell and the whole card is really darling.
Thank you for taking the time to post this beautiful artwork with us.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday