Sunday, June 6, 2010

With Heartfelt Sympathy

This was a card that just came together after pulling this paper out, cottage Wall by SU which will be retiring this month.  Also retiring is the card base which is orchid opulence.  I had thought about using a flower at the top, but when I pulled out the stuff for the flower I realized I already had this bird punched out.  So, I thought, "Why not use the bird?"  And when it was complete, I was glad I did.  There is nothing like this two-step bird punch.  It just makes a card look so elegant.  Actually I believe I will use this in the Clean and Simple challenge on Christian Paper Crafts which was their fun on Friday Challenge.  It was really simple and easy and the only stamp I used is also retiring this month and I will truly miss this stamp set, Close as a Memory.  I love the verses and the flower that go with it.

So with two layers and a bird punch it is complete!  Thanks for looking.

No comments: