Sunday, February 13, 2011

Fun on Friday Challenge/ Windows

Well it is no longer Friday, but I was on a ski trip with our church and did not return until last night and then went to church this morning, so I was unable to post on my blog until today. 

This weeks Fun on Friday challenge at Christian Paper Crafts was windows.  The challenge is to put a window in your project. Use your imagination, cut an opening with a view to the inside of a card. Stamp a window picture, or look out your window and share where your creativity takes you.  So I decided to look out of a window and see the beauty.

What I did to make my window was to stamp two images of the stamp from Easter Blossoms in Chocolate Chip Ink on a 3 1/4" X 3 1/4" piece of whisper white card stock.  Also cut a piece of a window sheet 3 1/4" X 3 1/4".  I then sponged the background with the stamped image with bashful blue at the top and the bottom with pear pizzazz.  I took a pretty in pink marker and colored in all the flowers and then took a pear pizzazz market and colored the limbs and the inside of the flowers.  Using the 2 way glue stick I put glue all over the piece of card stock covering image and all.  I then placed the window sheet on top of the image, waited a few minutes for it to dry and then I cut them out in 1" X 1" pieces.  I then adhered those pieces onto the pear pizzaz piece of card stock which was cut 3 3/4" X 3 3/4".  The rest is easy peasy!  Adhered all of this to the pretty in pink card stock cut at 4 X 5 1/4".  Tied the Pear Pizzazz ribbon around this and then adhered to naturals white card stock.  That is it.

The stamp set I used for the sentiment is from the stamp set Happiness shared!  So for all the ingredients again, here is the list:

Stamp Sets: Easter Blossoms, Happiness Shared
Card Stock: Whisper White,  Naturals White, Pear Pizzazz, Pretty in Pink
Classic Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pear Pizzazz, Bashful Blue
Markers: Pretty in Pink, Pear Pizzazz
Window Sheet
1/2" stitched poly ribbon pear pizzazz

Thanks for looking and please let me know what you think!

2 comments:

Diane Ross said...

Stunning!! Such a great idea!!

Nancy said...

This is SO PRETTY!! Hope you had a great time on your ski trip!...Nancy :o)