Thursday, October 27, 2011

Spice Cake Covered Box


Isn't this the cutest box. These little Kraft boxes are in the SU Holiday Mini and are sized at 3-1/2 X 3-1/2 X 2 1/2 and you get 4 to the pack. They would be cute just to add a ribbon around it. But I decided to use the Spice Cake designer paper and cover it.  I also made a band using the lace ribbon border punch. The flower I made from using Sizzix Flower Layer # 3 die. I then attached it to a round circle after adding the leaves that I punched out using Blossom Petals Builder Punch and scored down the center.  The center of the flower is made using home made "flower soft". I just used a piece of More Mustard card stock and the small side of a food grater and then picked up the pieces and glued to the center. How neat is that?  So simple and you get quite a bit with just a few seconds of grating.  I actually saved what I did not use.

Here is the front side of the box!


And a close up shot!


I am planning on doing a few more of these for the craft show as I think it will be a great box to add cookies or candy too.  

Stamps: SU Grateful Greetings, SU Four Frames

Card Stock: Old Olive, Pool Party, More Mustard, Very Vanilla
Designer Paper: SU Spice Cake (in the Christmas Mini)
Ink: SU Pool party, Soft Suede
Accessories: SU Kraft Gift Box, Sizzix Flower layer # 3 die, SU Lace Ribbon Border Punch, SU Decorative Label Punch, SU Blossoms Petals builder punch


Thanks for looking and hope you all have a marvelous day!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, Jonia! I like this very much! What a wonderful combination of papers and punches and colors! It's a lovely gift all by itself! However, the title of "Spice Cake" has me craving coffee and a snack! lol :o)

Natalie said...

Lovely gift box, Jonia! Love the color scheme and the gorgeous flower!