Sunday, February 10, 2013

Spinner/Shaker Card

Hello all! I am planned on having this posted earlier today, but my dear husband has been sick.  During church this morning I get a text from him saying, "I think it is time for me to go see a Dr."  I had tried all day yesterday to get him to go, but with no luck.  So he misses church this morning and then I have to leave as soon as church is over to come home and take him to Medac.  Anyway, he is sleeping now with some antibiotics in him and hopefully will feel better in a couple of days.  So anyway, back to the card!  Over at Stampin' Fun and friends one of the projects that was posted was a spinner card which also had another feature to it, a shaker feature.  So I fell in love with it and had to try it.  I love this old stamp set which has retired, but wanted to use it for this card.  You will probably remember it once you see the photo.  So here it is.
 
 
Do you remember this stamp set called "Crab and Company."  One of my most favorite sets.  Now as you can see by the card, you can move the crab from one side of the card to the other.
 
 
See how I moved him more toward the center.
 
Now another thing about this card is the shaker part of it.  At this point, I had forgotten to shake up the little hearts that are inside the circle.  I hope you can see them better with the next photo.
 
 
Mad it a little closer and shook up the hearts that are inside.  How cute is that?
 
And here is another view from the side showing the thickness of the circle.
 
 
I used the largest shaker frame by SU as I used a large circle.  If you would love to get the directions for this card (or the technique as her card was different) just check out the information for Stampin' Fun and Friends on my side bar.  I have joined them the last three sessions and have not been disappointed. 
 
So now to get busy on the cards for the other two grandchildren.  The fun never ends does it?
 
All items used are Stampin' Up!
Stamp Sets: Crab and Company, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock: Primrose Petals, Very Vanilla, Island Indigo
Designer Series Paper: Fan Fair
Ink: Island Indigo
Markers and Shimmer Paint for crab
Punches: 2 3/8" scallop, 1 3/8" circle, Window, Modern Label, small heart
Shaker Frame
 
Thanks for stopping by and hope your Sunday evening is filled with joy!
 


5 comments:

Nancy said...

Nope, the fun NEVER ends, my friend! Super cute card! So sorry to hear about your husband...I hope he's feeling better soon!...Nancy :o)

Natalie said...

Jonia, your card is so cute and clever! What a fun design. Hope dh is feeling much better tonight.

Sue Root said...

Super cute card!

Kris McIntosh said...

I love your take on this card. Your granddaughter will love it. Kids love interactive cards.

TexasGramma said...

I, too, love that stamp set and still wish it were current. Terrific card!