Friday, April 26, 2013

Hymn & Scripture Challenge - Hymn # 7 - Trust Him When Thy Wants are Many

Well here I am with the next Hymn and Scripture Challenge - Hymn # 7.  I am really enjoying these challenges and they make you really think about what God has done for us and just how much we need to Trust Him with our lives.  Which, leads into the Hymn we are doing for this challenge - Trust Him When Thy Wants are Many!  I must say I do not know this hymn, but the words are beautiful and I think it would be good to use it as a poem in a wall hanging.  That may be my next project. This song tells us that in every situation we need to trust God.  Beautiful words to live by!  The song is quite long, so for all the words of the song, you can find them here.  I love the way Patter named the different wants, so please stop by her blog and read her wonderful post on this song.  One of my favorite verses was verse three so I will share that one with you here.

Trust Him for the grace sufficient,
Ever equal to thy need;
Trust Him always for the answer,
When in His dear name you plead.

We need to know that exactly when a need arises, trust God with that need and for the answer. I love that I can call upon the name of the Lord and tell Him exactly what I needs and He hears me.  It does not mean that the answer will come that day or the next, or that it will be the answer you asked for.  But rest assured that His ways and His timing is perfect!  Regardless of the answer it will be the best.  That is "trusting God!"

The verse I chose is Psalm 18:30: "As for God, His way is perfect; The word of the Lord is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in Him."

Now here is the way I interpreted my page!


I put a list of the ways to trust Him, which included parts of the song.  And, I added the verse at the top.  He made all things: flowers, birds, butterflies, clouds, and made them perfect.  So in whom will I put my trust?  I will put my trust in Jesus Christ!

All items used were Stampin' Up!
My Digital Studio
New Heights digital Kit
jpeg of opened hymn from web

Thanks for stopping by!

Also entering this into Word Art Wednesday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a clever layout. It's beautiful.
Thank you for posting with us at Word Art Wednesday; we really love seeing your wonderful work and we appreciate you taking time to join us.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just wonderful and SO sweet. Thank you for stopping by to fellowship and share with us in this week's challenge. We are very grateful and blessed to have you play along, and hope that you're having a wonderful week in the Lord.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Kathy said...

I really like your layout! So Springy and happy. Excellent verse!