Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My First Bath Scrapbook Page

Here I am again with another page for my grandson's scrapbook.  I could stay busy the rest of my life scrap booking my four grandchildren and I love it.  This page was inspired by the sketch over at MDS Monday and what I love about their challenge is it challenges you to do something different with each sketch.  This one challenged me to learn to use the freeform option, which I had never used and actually went out and found a video about it.  Once I learned how to do it, I loved it!  I am sure I will use this option quite often.  I could even use it to put my words into a circle, square or whatever I choose.  Love it and thanks to MDS Monday, I used it on this page for the dotted circle.  I really do love it!!!!!  Did I say I am going to love this option!!!!

 Anyway, onto my page.


I actually used the Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the same kit I have been using for the baby book, "On the Go," but I changed the color of the background DSP from the green to the pool party since it was a "first bath" layout.  I wanted it to look a little like bubbles.  I think it kind of gives that effect.  So that is another option I used on my own.  I really like that you can now change the colors on the paper and the embellishments.  It makes a difference when you are working on different layouts.

All items used are Stampin' Up!
My Digital Studio
On the Go Designer Series paper
Hello Baby Embellishments

Thanks for stopping by and please let me know what you think.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Wonderful page, Jonia! The background paper does look like bubbles. I really like the design of the page! Have a beautiful day, my friend! :o)

Heidi Baks said...

Adorable! I love your color scheme... and the pictures work great with the layout. Perfect little row of ducks too! Thanks for joining MDS Monday this week.

Natalie said...

This is absolutely adorable, what sweet pictures. They grow up so fast.

jjcreations said...

Oh this is so sweet. I love the colours you've used, the changing the background paper and the chevron fits perfectly - along with those darling little ducks. Thanks for playing along with us at MDS Monday.

Unknown said...

Precious page! Love your background paper.... so cool that you changed the color of it, so it could resemble bubbles (it does!).

Rochelle said...

Cute cute page! I do think the DSP looks like little bubbles. Thanks for joining us at MDS Monday!

Wendie Waldman said...

Great use of the sketch challenge. All the bubbles and the circle goes so well with, the sweet little ducks and especially the pictures. I remember that day with my son so many years ago!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Wonderful page! The colour combination is beautiful and matches those adorable pictures perfectly. So glad you were able to learn a new technique with us :) Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday!

MJ said...

Well he is so cute of course you could scrapboook him every second. Great page!