Monday, June 29, 2015

Sketch 366- Monday Lunchtime Sketch - Tutorial

Happy Monday everyone and welcome to this week's Monday Lunchtime Sketch.  I am really excited about the card I made for this sketch and I'll tell you why.
 
I woke up Saturday morning and had a dear friend on my mind that I have not seen in a while.  I really believe that God lays those on your heart that need prayer and encouragement, so I prayed for her and then decided to make this card for her that I am sharing with you today.  My husband tells me all the time that I have a talent and doesn't understand why I don't send out all these cards I make.  When he said it today, it really made me think.  Only takes a few moments to write an address on an envelope, put a stamp on it and off it goes to a person who may just need that little bit of encouragement that day.  So maybe I should listen to my husband as God could be using him to speak His message to me.
 
So without further ado, here is my sample for this week's sketch and I also will show you how I did the butterfly.
 
 
Now let me show you a little tutorial on how I did the butterfly. 
 
I used the Sweet n' Sassy stamp set called "New Creature"  which you can find here.  I also used the "New Creature Dies" which coordinates with the stamp set and you can find it here.  So now on to my first photo and how I did it.
 
I used some spritzer's that I purchased with Stampin' Up! and I added ink drops and some water to the spritzer.  I also used some smooch spirtz that I got from Stampin' Up!, but you can purchase at Michael's or AC Moore and probably most craft stores.  I used the Water Color paper from Stampin' Up! as the base.  I then started spritzing and as you can see, got a little too much in the middle.  But that is OK, you can work around it. 
 
 
Here is what it looked like close up once I finished spritzing.  You can see the shimmer from the smooch spritz I used as the final spray.

 
I then took the stamp set and stamped it in black and the bottom one in black and purple.  That is the one I used for the card today.

 
Then using my dies, I cut them out.

 
Here is a close up on the card. 

 
Now you can do the same thing I did.  I do love this effect and it is almost like water coloring.
 
Hope you enjoyed your tutorial for today and please check out the rest of the design team samples.  I know you will love them and don't forget to play along with us for the next two weeks.
 
Have a wonderful week.
 


1 comment:

Nancy said...

It's a beautiful card, Jonia! Sounds like you have a very wise husband! lol
It's a beautiful thing when God puts someone on our heart.
Good girl for listening! :o)