Friday, January 8, 2010

Soverign Lord


Over at CPCM they have a sketch on Tuesday and a Bible Verse challenge on Thursday, so I combined them into one.  You can see what the sketch looked like, but the Bible Verse was to use something that speaks of how mighty our Lord is and this is the verse I came up with.  But isn't this just too cute using the ornament punch as a vase.  I had seen that somewhere but cannot remember where, but thanks for the vase idea.  It worked great for this sketch.  I used the Stampin' Up! Sweet Stems stamp set, stamped the image on the paper and then covered the image with the punched out vase.  When I punched out the vase I did not put the paper all the way through, so it would give me the flat edge instead of the point.  I then adhere the vase over the stamped stems of the flowers.  The scripture was printed from the computer and two of them I punched out using the modern label punch and then adhere it to the pretty in pink cardstock.  The flower is from the 3 flower punch that has retired, but I still use this punch quite often.  You could say I am a punch aholic. lol 

Stampin Up items used:
Cardstock - So Saffron, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, Certaily Celery
DSP- Tea Party (Too pretty)
Stamp Set - Sweet Stems
Punches - Modern Punch, Ornament Punch
Circle Cutter

No comments: