Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Flower

I had so much fun making this card.  I used two challenges from CPC.  One was the color challenge, to use turquoise, orange and white.  So that gave me my colors.  I had already picked the card I was going to case which was the other challenge on CPC.  So, having all of this, I actually started with the flower.  Since I knew the colors I needed, I punched out 6 pieces, two of each color, with the round scallop punch.  I then used my bone scorer to distress it a bit by pulling it against the scorer all the way around.  Then you kind of scrunch each piece, then open back up and punch a hole through the center and add a brad.  I used the flower brad.  Then I pulled out my DSP to see what I had to match.  The bottom DSP, turquoise, is from the Pink Flamingo, so I thought that would be a good base.  I then thought about the top and had nothing that had the orange and turquoise, so why not make it.  So I used whisper white cardstock, pulled out my old stamp set, which is still active, "itty bitty borders" and stamped once in the Pumpkin Pie classic ink and then went over with the tempting turquoise classic ink and I then had a paper that would match all the colors.  This is also what made me think this would be a great birthday card, bright and cheery.  I then cut the orange paper and used the scallop edge punch for the border, adhered all together on the Pink Flamingo DSP, added the bottom flower brads, the ribbon and then adhered it to the whisper white base.  Once finished I used the "Well Scripted" stamp set to stamp the happy birthday.  It actually went together very easily.  I attached the flower with glue dots.  Following is the card I cased which was done by "gallery name" thumbunny.  Thank you for a wonderful card to follow and the inspiration for my card.

No comments: