Saturday, February 13, 2010

Thinking of You and Happy Birthday


Is this not cute!  I hate to brag on myself, but I thought about this challenge most of the day!  Stampin Connection, for Demonstrators, clean and simple challenge today was to make a 1 layer card.  Of course I was working, but I kept thinking "how can I make a 1 layer card and make it look elegant?"  Then I remembered a card I made at Christmas where I used an embossing folder and then put a oval around it so it would not emboss over it.  Here are two different directions for doing it.  #1 & #2.  I actually bought a small wood oval frame unfinished at AC Moore and used that as the template and did not have to cut up my embossing folder.  It actually works great as you can see.  I had to finagle the embossing plates to get it to work right.  I liked it so much that I made two cards.  The first one above is made with the following Stampin' Up! items:
Stamp sets:  Of the Earth (Hostess Set)  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock: Confetti Cream
Markers:  Old Olive, Cameo Coral, Ruby Red
Ribbon is a retired Rose Red.
Finial Press Embossing Folder


This is the second card I made and it is made the very same way with the same stamp sets, except I used the following colors.

Whisper White Cardstock
Markers: Orchid Opulence, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Ribbon is the Rich Razzelberry Polka dot

Thanks for looking!

No comments: