Monday, May 3, 2010

Punch Art Owl Graduation

I fell in love with this graduation punched Owl.  I did the hat and the card base in the colors of the school of a graduate I will be giving this to.  I actaully cased this from someone, but for some reason I could not remember who.  I went and looked a couple of places and never found the actual card I printed off.  While looking I saw quite a few owls out there made fairly close to this one, but this one I actually cased the card I printed off.  I was not sure of the punches used, so I kept using punches until I found the correct one to make it look close.

I used the round tab punch for the face, the 1-3/4" round for the body and the scallop round for the wings and then punched again by using the 1-1/4 round punch to round it out.  The eyes are the 5/8" and the 1/2" and then the 1/4".  The feet are the scallop cut at the 3 scallop level.  If at all possible, I will try to punch everything out and show exactly what I used.

Paper used is the brilliant  blue, retired DSP in saffron yellow.  Thanks for looking!

No comments: