Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Father's Day

On stampin' connection, a site for stamping up demonstrators, the featured stamper for this week was Wendy Jansen.  As soon as I saw the card I chose to case, I knew it was the one.  I actually changed up the colors a bit and used a retired stamp called For Father.  Anyway, even though I stamped the Happy Father's Day sentiment a little crooked, I love the out come.  My dad was a contractor before he retired and this stamp set just seemed to scream for me when I saw this card.  He now has alzhiemers and usually don't even remember me when I go visit, but I hope this may bring back some recognition of who he was.  Regardless of what this disease has done to him, he still loves the Lord and enjoys us reading the Bible to him when we visit.  There are some things even an illness can't take away, Praise God!  Thanks for stopping by!

Stampin' Up! items used:

Stamp set:  For Father, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Cardstock: Barely Banana, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Brocade blue
DSP:  Pawsitively Prints
Ink: Night of Navy
Bold Brights buttons
Stars #2 Sizzix Die
SU Mat Pack & Paper Piercing tool

No comments: