Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Our Refuge And Strength


I am so far behind on my posting and I really need to catch up.  I have quite a few cards that I realized I had not posted.  This is one of them.  This card I made for last weeks Wednesday Case Artist challenge at Christian Paper Crafts.  The card I cased was absolutely beautiful and I feel like I did not even come close.  But, I do love the outcome of this card even though it is a little out of my comfort zone!  As you can see I used quite a bit of perfect plum and did not realize I would like it so much.  Another thing about this card that is definitely out of my comfort zone is the layers.  It has 7 layers!  Wow, I don't think I have ever did a 7 layer card, but this may be a start to something new. 

Here is a couple of close ups!





All items used are Stampin' Up! except the Bible verse which is from Sweet N Sassy.  The stamp set is called "Our Refuge".

Stampin' Up! Items:
Stamp Set: Flight of the butterfly
Card Stock: Basic Black, Perfect Plum, Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery
Designer Series Paper: Specialty Presto Patterns
Ink:  Basic Black, Perfect Plum
Rosettes Vanilla, 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon basic black, Extra Large Bird Punch (for leaves), 1 3/4" Round Punch, 2 3/8" scallop circle punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch
vanilla shimmer smooch spritz

2 comments:

Nancy said...

This is really incredible Jonia! I think you should try the layering thing more often! It's gorgeous!...Nancy :o)

Stampvanwinkle said...

Oh Jonia, This is just gorgeous. These sets compliment each other so well and your layout and embellies. Well, Just lovely.

Have a wonderful night.

Hugs and Blessings,

Deb