Monday, January 31, 2011

Botanical Gazette Designer Paper

Good Monday morning!  Hope you are all refreshed after this wonderful weekend.  This weeks challenge for the LateNightStampers Group is to use a bird on your creation.  And the first thing I thought of was the 12 X 12 Designer Series paper called Botanical Gazette.  I just love this paper and the one sheet with the bird is absolutely beautiful.  So I just cut the bird out to a 4 X 5 1/4" size (trying to get as much of the bird and nest as possible into the main frame of the card).  Attached it to a piece of bashful blue card stock cut at 5 3/8 X 4 1/8" and then attached it to the card stock Early Espresso, cut at 5 1/2 X 8 1/2  and then folded in half to make the base of the card.  The last thing I did was stamp the Thinking of You in early espresso classic ink.  The sentiment comes from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set.  How easy is that and such a pretty card.  I also added some of the same paper to the inside of the card to finish it off.  That was one of my goals for this year was to finish off the inside of all my cards.  So far so good!

Thanks for stopping by and I would love to hear what you think!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

That paper does make a beautiful card! I've had it on my "maybe" list but I think it just moved to my "yes" list! :o)