Saturday, January 22, 2011

Think On These Things


I can not believe that we are getting snow again.  Which I am not sure what it is.  A mixture between snow and ice.  But anyway, it is cold. 

This is a card I made last night for two challenges at Christian Paper Crafts, the Wednesday Case Artist Challenge and the Bible Verse Thursday Challenge.  Please go by and check these out.  We have a lot of fun there.  With this card, I was a little out of my comfort zone, but I guess it turned out OK.  The person I cased makes these absolutely beautiful cards that are out of this world and I don't think mine even compares to hers.  But it is OK.

The Bible Verse challenge was to use the word beautiful or something that is beautiful.  So I used the verse with lovely in it and felt like that would work.  One good thing about these challenges is that there are no challenge police!  I love that!  The Scripture is WordArt from Paper Craft Memories and Karen has many free WordArt verses to download.  So please check her blog out. 

Here is a close up of all the items on the card!  I actually cut the flowers from the same digi paper you see on the card.  The backside of the paper has the flowers.


All items used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted:

Stamp Set: Flight of the Butterfly
Card Stock: Not Quite Navy, Rose Red, Very Vanilla
Designer Series Paper: Springtime Vintage
Ink:  Not Quite Navy, Rose Red
Vintage flower, Rosettes Vanilla, Butterfly punch, Scissors, Ticket Punch

Rhinestones are Colorbok!
Thanks for looking and hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I think your card is beautiful Jonia! I love the verse you used on it! I think the challenge police would commend you for a job well done! :o)