Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Aknowledge Him - New Years Resolution

New Years Resolutions - Do you make New Years resolutions.  Well I don't because I always seem to break them, but this weeks challenge at LateNightStampers is to make a project that goes along with your New Years Resolution.  So I thought what is something I want to do this year that would be my goal for the year.  Then I saw this verse and decided to make a card.

This year I would like to acknowledge our Lord in everything I do and allow Him to direct my paths.  If I can do that, then I will have the best year ever.  I am excited about this year and am praying for great things to happen as I walk in the paths that God has directed.

So how did I do this card?  I used "My digital Studio" to start of with the main focus of the card by printing out this designer series paper called Summertime Splendor.  If you have My digital Studio and do not have this paper downloaded, you need to get it.  It is beautiful all the way around.  But, before I printed it out, I added the scripture by using the text box.  Once it was printed out, I cut it to 5" by 3 3/4" then attached to the garden green card stock and then attached to the card base which is the rich razzleberry card stock.  And to add a little dimension to the card, by using the beautiful wings embosslit die with the rich razzleberry card stock, the butterflies were born.  I just added some rhinestones to them and attached them to the card.  Just that simple and quick.  And, I think it made a beautiful card.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and hope you enjoy the rest of your day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this card. It is very beautiful. I may have to get this paper.

Debra

Anniece Willis said...

Jonia, absolutely the most beautiful card I have seen I love that lily.

Nancy said...

Happy New Year to you Jonia! This card is so beautiful...I love that verse! You've set a wonderful goal for 2011! Isn't it exciting to see what God has in store for us?...Nancy :o)

Joni Kelly said...

I love how you used one of my favorite verses and put it on some of my favorite DSP! I think I must now play with Jer. 29:11 and the other pages from that set! Thanks for the inspiration and bless you!