Monday, May 28, 2012

A Cup of Tea


Well good morning and Happy Memorial day to everyone!  I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who have served our country and one of those is my wonderful husband, Russ.  He was part of Dessert Storm and was proud to go and serve.  The second is my son-in-law who just returned from Afghanistan 5 weeks ago.  Thanks Scott for your service.  And to all the families who have lost love ones, I thank you for your sacrifice.  So I am sending to all of you "a cup of thanks."

I also would like to wish my daughter and her husband a happy one year anniversary today.  Even though they spent 7 months apart their 1st year, they are together and very happy.  May God continue to bless your marriage.

Now on to this card that I made on Friday evening, but am just now getting the time to post.  As soon as I saw the sketch over at Sketch Frenzy Friday I knew I would be using this stamp set and cutting out the big cup of tea.  Did not really think about posting it on Memorial day for a thanks to our veterans, but it worked out and now I am glad it did.

Here is a side view of this card!


And a close up of the tea cup!


All items used are Stampin' Up!
Stamp Set: Tea Shop
Card Stock: Whisper White, Rich Razzleberry
Designer Series Paper: A Pocket Full of Posies
Classic Ink: Rich Razzleberry
Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder
Adorning Accents Edgelits

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a very blessed day!


7 comments:

Deb said...

This is fantastic! I love the way you made the diagonal panel! Very clever!! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Frenzy Friday! And thanks to Russ and Scott for their service to our country!

Jan Marie said...

This is so sweet, Jonia! Love that cup of tea, the embossing folder and the corner border treatment!! Marvelous! And wow! One year. . seems like yesterday and so thankful for Scott and Russ and their service to our country! Hugs and blessings!

Tammy said...

A very pretty card! Love the embossed background! The roses are perfect for tea!!

Nancy said...

A beautiful and meaningful card, my friend! :o)

inkedx2 said...

Love your card Jonia! This is a great thank you card! Thanks for playing with my sketch this week at Sketch Frenzy Friday.

craftystamper said...

Your card is perfect for Memorial Day and a great tribute to Scott and Russ who served your country so well.
I just love your tea cut and the panel in the corner. Thank you for playing with us at Sketch Frenzy Friday.

Patrice Herrera said...

Jonia, Your card is striking and very elegant! The colors you chose, the textured background and the tea cut are perfectly matched together. Thanks you for playing along with us at SFF.
Many Thanks to Scott and Russ for serving our country!