Sunday, May 6, 2012

Hymn & Scripture Challenge #9, I Surrender All

I am really enjoying this Hymn Scripture Challenge and today I am posting another one of my favorite old hymns that I can remember singing in church quite often and still sing some.  There are times I miss singing these old hymns and when I saw this one, I thought what a great song!  It just captures so much of how much we should trust our Lord and surrender it all to Him.  No matter how much I try, I can't do it without my Lord! And, the times I try to do it without Him, I realize just how insignificant I am without Him.

I chose two verses here that make me think of surrendering all, for when I surrender it to our Lord I know that there is no need to be afraid because He will defend and take care of me through it all and I also know that even through it all I can have joy and be joyful in the Lord! 

"But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee." Psalm 5:11

"Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in you." Psalm 56:3

Here is my page!


If you would like to hear a beautiful rendition of this hymn, listen to CeCe Winans here!

And, don't forget to stop by Patters page and see her post as she always has such a beautiful write up!

I am also entering this into two other challenges:

This page was don in My Digital Studio by Stampin' Up!

Thanks for stopping by today and hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

5 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh Jonia, this is SO beautiful. What a blessing to see your work which is so glorifying to the Lord Jesus Christ. Having you share it with us at Word Art Wednesday is just an added blessing. Thanks so much for being part of the challenges and the blog. May God bless you for sharing His Word through your lovely art.
Blessings to you,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Jonia your scripture and hymn page is just beautiful. This hymn and the scripture you chose to go with it are perfect for me today. Thanks so much for sharing this at Scripture Thursday. ~ Abby

Jan Marie said...

This is just beautiful, Jonia! Love those flowers, and how you've made the banner with the trees softly layered over it. . there's so much detail and I love how you've paired the hymn and the scripture! Beautiful work, my dear friend and sister in the Lord!! Hugs and blessings!

Nancy said...

AMEN!! I love to sing the old hymns too! This is definitely one of my favorites...but I wouldn't say it this time...I only thought it! lol
Your page is gorgeous, Jonia! Your Scripture verses are wonderful! Thank you! :o)

Angie Williams said...

So did you do this in MDS? Is that a scanned image of the hymn? love this!