Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My First Christmas Card 2012


Well I am sure you have wondered where I have been, but my husband and I went on vacation and boy was it the best.  We went to New York City and then on to Niagara Falls in Canada.  I tell you it was a wonderful trip all the way around.  We got back around 9:00 pm last night and so this morning, I did some stamping with all the new items I found when I returned home.

I know I am going to love these new framelits and the stamp set which actually will be available on August 1st.  Since this weeks challenge at SULateNightStampers was to do embedded embossing, I decided to use the framelits as my embedded items and use the snowflake embossing folder to embedd them into the card stock.  I spritzed the embossed part with the gold spritz and wish I had not, but it don't look bad enough to redo.  If I make another one like this, I will definitely leave it totally white.  Also, I used this weeks sketch from Stamping 411.  Isn't it just the best.

Here is a side view of the card.


And of course the inside of the card whch I wish was better, but I did not want to take more photos.


Isn't this paper just the best?  I am loving it already.  It will also be available on August 1st.

Well hope you enjoyed your visit here today and I may have another card for you tomorrow!  So come back now!

Items used are all Stampin' Up!
Stamp Sets: Ornament Keepsakes (Christams Catalog), Many Merry Messages (inside)
Card Stock: Gumball Green, Primrose Petals, Whsiper White
Designer Series Paper: Snow Festival (Christmas Catalog)
Snow Flake embossing folder
Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies
3/8 stitched Satin ribbon
Ink: Primrose Petals, Gumball Green, white


3 comments:

Nancy said...

What a beautiful card, Jonia! The embedded embossing is fabulous! The papers are wonderful...I always like anything with little houses on it!
I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your holiday! :o)

Natalie said...

Sounds like a dreamy vacation!!! What a blessing!
Sweet card, do we really have to think about Christmas!!?? Love that paper, too!

Tammy said...

I know I've said this a number of times, but I really love the inside of your cards! (i like the outside, too!!)