Friday, July 6, 2012

Having Fun with a new Style card

This week our Demonstrator, Nancy Lewis who took over my workshops, showed us 2 beautiful cards and this Swing Fold card was one of them. Nancy said she got the idea from one of her downlines. The card below is the one I did in our workshop on Tuesday Night.  Boy was I impressed with this card.  Even after being a demo for the last 5 years, I am still learning from Nancy now!  You never learn it all!


So impressed that I decided to make a retirement card for a co-worker of mine and we are doing the retirement party here at my house around 12:00 today, so I had to get this posted and get some house stuff done before they come.  Anyway, here is the card I did last night for her.


Is it not just the cutest card.  I actually went through my retired papers to pick out one piece that I thought would be perfect for this design card and this paper just called my name.  Again, I am using the Ice Cream Parlor Designer Paper that was a Sale-A-Bration item last year.  As I show you the photos following, I am going to show the same shot with the card I made at the workshop. 



See how you can decorate the inside of each card.  The bottom one already had some design in the paper which I did not want to cover up, so I cut my inside piece a little shorter to show off the design.  I also used a retired stampin' up! set called Pedalling Past which I have not used in a long time and love.

And here are both of the cards totally closed!



So there you have it.  So easy and quick to make.

Now I am going to give you the measurements and hope you can figure the rest out.

Cut a piece of Designer Paper or any Card Stock to 5 1/2 X 12.  With paper the long way on the scorer, score at 2, 4, 8 and 10.  That leaves the inside at 4". 
Then from the bottom of the paper on each side you will measure up 2 3/4" and make a dot.  Now at the workshop we cut with scissors from the dot to the 4" score line.  But, I placed mine in my cutter and cut the diagonal piece from the 2 3/4" to the 4" score line.  You can kind of see what I am talking about by looking at photo # 2.  Then using the pieces you cut out on the diagonal, you can adhere to the bottom of the card, as you can also see in photo # 2.  That just gives a little more color to the card.  I am sure you could leave that part off, but why would you unless you really like the look of your Designer paper.
Cut your inside piece of card stock to the desired size and make an outside piece and voila, you are done.

Hope you enjoyed the post today and now I need to get to work on this house.  Let me know what you think and God bless!




3 comments:

Nancy said...

Those are beautiful cards, Jonia! Thanks so much for sharing the how-to! I'm going to have to try it! Have a fun party and a fabulous weekend! :o)

Natalie said...

This looks like a lot of fun to make!! What wonderful cards, Jonia! Thanks for sharing this technique, I hope to give it a try this weekend. God bless.

Robyn said...

Jonia! Greetings for a long time off! This is a delightful looking project. I am anxious to try it! Thanks for sharing. Your cards are so much fun and pretty to see.