Wednesday, May 20, 2015

{Glory Art} Scripture Challenge #9, Hope and Rest

HOPE and REST!  What does that mean to you?  Well as I studied so many scriptures for this challenge, I realized just how much we can rest in the presence of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  Not only that, I found that we have hope in Him, through Him and when we allow Him to be the center of our existence here on earth.  What a great combination from Patter for challenge 9.  Thank you Patter for being so diligent in your studies.
 
So I decided to do two mixed media pieces and did them on a 8X8 canvas.  When I thought about rest, I thought about the beach and the waves.  I lives five miles from the beach and often go down just to walk and meditate.  There is nothing like the sound of the waves and the beauty of the water that shows you just how great our God is and brings so much rest to the soul.  The verse I chose for that canvas was Matthew 11:28, "Come to me all who labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest."  I don't know about you but there are many times that I labor and am heavy laden.  And when I give it all to my Lord, I do find rest.
 
Then I looked at the word hope, and I saw blue skies, the sound of the birds chirping and of course had to get me a bird in there.  Bird sounds are very soothing to me and I think of God as taking care of them and how if he takes care of them how much more will he take care of us. (Matthew 6:26)  That gives me hope. The verse I chose for this canvas was Psalm 33:18, "But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in His unfailing love."  You see our Lord loves us so much that He went to the cross for us, therefore I have hope.  Praise God, what hope we have.
 
Here are my canvases!
 
 
On this one I wrote the scripture, but quickly found out I don't like my writing.  So will probably be the last one.  But once I had it on there, I decided not to paint over it. 
 
My bird's face is a little out of sorts, but I love her anyway. I used a stamp (God's Purpose Clear Stamp Set) from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and also a die (God's Purpose Die) that goes with it.  I also used my gelatos for the first time and loved them.  Here is a mixed media tutorial for gelatos that I used to get an idea of how to use them.  So easy.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by and don't forget to go by and check out Patter's devotion and glory art for these two words, REST & HOPE.


2 comments:

Crafting With Jack said...

Hello, I love your two mixed media panels. I too have tried writing on my work and don't like it at all. Although on my latest pieces I was a little happier because I used capitals. Also it is the first time I have tried gelatos, but I only have two at the moment. My blog is craftingwithjack.blogspot.co.uk
I tried watching the tutorial but the internet connection is bad here, so I'll try it later.

Nancy said...

So beautiful, Jonia! Wonderful Scriptures!
I don't think it matters what our handwriting is like. I think it's important to include it in our work...it's our's!
Also, it helps us to remember the Scripture verses to write them out by hand! :o)