Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Christmas Lodge at Night


Good Morning all and welcome to the Christmas Lodge  at night! lol  This just reminded me of a cold snowy night at Christmas when everything is lit up and a nice snow is falling!  Well how did I do this?

First of all I used chocolate chip card stock and the stamp set Christmas Cottage.  I stamped both the image using versamark ink and then poured white embossing powder over the two images.  I heat set it using a heat gun.  I stamped the sentiment using the craft white ink.  Then I cut two pieces of the 1/8" taffeta real red ribbon and wrapped around the corners of the card stock.  Took another piece of the ribbon and made a bow and adhered it with a glue dot at the top of the tree.  I then took my spray bottle of the frost white shimmer paint mixed with rubbing alcohol and sprayed the chocolate chip card stock along with the images.  Using a paper towel I rubbed the embossed images to take off the shimmer spray.  That is how I got the falling snow effect.  And, finally, I adhered the chocolate chip to the whisper white card base.  Such an easy card to do. 

This was one of the choices for my workshop on Saturday and needless to say the other one won out.  So you will probably see the other card with the workshop post on Saturday at some point!

Here is a close up of the tree!


And a close up of the lodge!


Gives you a better idea of what the background spray was like!

Thanks for looking and all items used in the description was Stampin' Up! except the spray bottle and the alcohol.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Beautiful card Jonia, love the white embossed on dark paper. Thanks for the inspiration. ~ Abby

Nancy said...

So pretty! That's a place I'd like to visit! :o)