Friday, August 19, 2011

August Workshop Samples/Hostess Gift

Hello Everyone!  Last Night we had our August workshop and of all things, I left the fancy flower punch at home.  So I will be getting everyone the flowers so they can add to their little boxes we put together last night.

But, we will start with our card that we did for the workshop!


I posted another card like this last week and I am loving this stamp set and this technique.  Actually I used two techniques on this card.  I embossed the stems and leaves.  But the one technique I am loving the most and I think they all enjoyed it last night is using the clear blocks to stamp a background on your card.  The colors I used for this card and the workshop last night are Pool Party for the over all and then ran the edges of the clear block onto the Baja Breeze to give it a deeper frame effect.  Of course you then just use the block as a stamp and this is what you get.  The stamp set we used is called Field Flowers and isn't that just the best flower set.  I loved it from the time I saw it in the catalog!

We also made a box last night and as I said before, I forgot to bring the fancy flower punch, so they punched all the other items out, but did not put the flower on.  I will be getting everyone their flowers as soon as possible. eek!!!!!


Also for their boxes, I let them use the wild wasabi card stock for the leaves because it matched the embossed image on the card.  There are times when you finish something and you think, oh my I should have used this. 

Here is the set of what we worked on together.


And, now let me show you what I made for the hostess thank you gift.


This is a set of 5 cards, each one made a little different using some retired SU Designer Series Paper.  I used the new hostess stamp set called Tagtastic.  It actually has 6 sentiments, the reason for the 5 cards and one box. 

Here are the all the cards.




Well that does it for this workshop!  I hope you all have enjoyed looking at what we did.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Very nice! The cards are beautiful! :o)