Sunday, August 21, 2011

Color Monday Challenge

Well hello my dear web friends.  I don't know if I told you, but I am now taking over the color Monday challenge at Christian Paper Crafts.  We only have one every six weeks, but that just gives me a lot of time to become more creative.  Here is what I had to say for my Color Monday Post over at CPC!

Now Israel loved Joseph more than all his children, because he was the son of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colors. Genesis 37:3

Hello my fellow paper crafters! It's time for another Color Monday challenge to help you get started in your paper crafting for this week, actually for the next 6 weeks.

I chose this wonderful patio beach scene which really made me feel so peaceful and thought this is the perfect photo inspiration for this time of year. It also reminded me of what Joseph's coat must have looked like.

Now you can choose as many colors as you like from the photo or from the colors I chose to create a project of your choosing. You can be inspired by just one color or several. The choice is yours!

Create anything you like using the colors or the photo as your starting point. All types of projects are welcome including cards, ATC's, tags, altered items, scrapbook pages, etc. Also, there is no deadline for the challenge so you may play at your convenience or when the inspiration hits. You will have until October 1st to link your project to the CPC Creative Blog, so don't forget to do that.

Now here is the card I created using the above inspiration photo!


This was so simple to do and I love this paper.  It just seemed to blend right in with the inspiration photo.

Here is a close up!

This closeup also shows the shimmer that I added to the card!

Here is one more view!


Hope you will join us this week for our Color Monday Challenge!

Please use the keywords CM116 when uploading your projects to the gallery at Christian Paper Crafts. If you upload to your blog or other online gallery please use the keywords CPC-CM116. Also, don't forget to go to the Christian Paper Crafts Creative Blog and link your project there.

Also, today starts our Blog Hop over at our Christian Paper Crafts Creative blog for the August Theme of Back to School.  I have made a really cute project for that also.  So stop by again later to see what I did.

Here are the items I used for this card!  All items are Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Four Frames
Card Stock: Bravo Burgundy, crumb cake, whisper white
Designer Paper: Paisley Petals
Ink: Bravo Burgundy
Accessories: 1/2" Seam Binding Always Artichoke, vanilla shimmer smooch spritz, Decorative Label Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch (for the flower), silver brad

Thanks so much for looking!  Enjoy your week!

No comments: