Thursday, August 11, 2011

Quilting and embossing Techniques

Hello all and welcome to another Fun On Friday at Christian Paper Crafts.  We are only doing this challenge every 6 weeks now and it is finally time.  Even though I am not the host for Fun On Friday any more, I just love doing it and actually had this one scheduled prior to deciding to move to the Color Monday hostess.  Anyway, the Fun On Friday Challenge is to do the quilting technique.  Another fun challenge over at Christian Paper Crafts is the Bible Verse Thursday and this weeks theme is "God taking care of our Future".  So I always feel that when we call upon our Lord, he will take care of our future.

I also did this card for the Stamping In Time Challenge over at Our Daily Designs blog.  That challenge was to use embossing on your card.  I actually used two embossing.  I embossed the sentiment and then used an embossing folder for the background.  Without further ado, here is the card!


This is a little above my normal card which is a little more simple, but for some reason once I got started with this card, I could not stop!  I do like the turnout though, but now I can see why I do more of the CAS cards.  Took me forever to finish this card.

Here is a close up!

OK, so here is the supply list for this card!

Stamp Set: ODBD Scripture Collection # 5
Card Stock: SU Early Espresso, Melon Mambo, More Mustard, Lucky Limeaide
Ink: Versamark
Designer Paper: BoBunny Vicki B. Collection
Embellishments: SU Chantilly Crochet Trim, Top Note Die, 1 1/4" Round Punch (for spiral roses), Blossom Petals Builder Punch, Pirate Gold embossing powder, Stripes Textured Impressions embossing folder, Vanilla shimmer smooch spritz
Re-Collections designer Crystals

Thanks for looking and hope you have a wonderful Friday!

1 comment:

Betty Wright said...

Jonia, this is gorgeous! Great colors, blend of patterns, and fabulous details! Wonderful scripture card! Thanks so much for playing ODBD Stamping In Time embossing challenge!